Computer Technician I
Salary: $43,998.00 - $46,512.00 Annually
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Full-time
Department: GENERAL GOVERNMENT
Job Number: 00591
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a full-time Computer Technician I. The Computer Technician I is responsible for the installation and maintenance of end-user computer hardware and software throughout the City.
The City was named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 and 2020 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more! Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement. Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
This posting will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by close of business on May 4.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains computers, telephones, printers, and other equipment and software to ensure secure and efficient operations.
- Set up new computer systems and perform routine maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance and resolutions as necessary.
- Test and implement new software programs for the City.
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Monitor and perform data backups.
- Log and track assets including software, hardware, and maintenance agreements.
- Prepare computer-generated reports as required.
- Create and maintain Active Directory user/group accounts.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours emergencies, including weekends and holidays.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Assists with network cable installation as directed.
- Organize and decomission IT inventory.
- Assist the Information Technology Director in the execution of his/her duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Minimum of three (3) years of computer technician experience required. Associate or bachelor's degree in a computer-related discipline, education or related field may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid driver's license required.
- CompTIA A+ or Google IT Support Professional Certificate desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of networking technology in order to accurately assess system functionality.
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer and/or network hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Ability to create and maintain written technical documentation.
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize service tickets.
- Strong understanding of desktop operating systems
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment, but outdoor tasks will need to be accomplished on occasion.
- Possibility of exposure to moderate noise levels at times.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for significant periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement in order to type and work on a computer.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision, the ability to adjust focus, and differentiate between colors.
Agency: City of Wentzville
Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
Phone: 636-639-2190, 636-639-2007