Civil EngineerCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $66,750.00 - $73,901.00 Annually
Performs engineering design, field investigations, plan review, design contract administration, project management, and other engineering duties in order to maintain and improve all facets of city infrastructure.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Review subdivision and commercial development plans in order to ensure that they meet city standards; coordinate records plats, site plans, improvement plans, construction, and private work within the public right of way.
- Design and review city infrastructure projects, including water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation, and parks projects.
- Identify city infrastructure in need of maintenance and develop solutions to remodel and maintain future infrastructure.
- Provide design contract administration for capital projects and provide project management for contracted public works projects.
- Review permit applications for utility installation within right-of-ways.
- Provide technical engineering advice for any problems that need to be addressed by the city.
- Review concerns from residents regarding city infrastructure; assess infrastructure in the field, offer solutions, and coordinate with relevant departments to enact a solution.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Monitor projects and report hazardous conditions and safety concerns.
- Respond to winter storm operations on a 24-hour call basis; plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear parking lots and streets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field required.
- Minimum of 1year of experience in Civil Engineering, Public Works, Construction, or a similar work environment desired.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Professional Engineer license within 12 months of employment required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Arc GIS software and basic knowledge of office equipment and machines.
- Thorough understanding of public infrastructure for both construction and maintenance including streets, storm sewers, sanitary sewer, and water distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public works operations.
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain focused concentration.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally exposed to varying, inclement weather.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement in order to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination in order to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385