Administrative Support SupervisorCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $47,766.00 - $51,860.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Supervisor- Administrative Support. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Under general supervision, supervises and participates in the administrative functions within the department; including but not limited to the functional areas of the accounting, facility reservations, customer service, and general support services. This position is responsible for exercising discretion and tact in working with internal and external customers involving the accounts receivable and permitting functions of the Parks and Recreation Department. The incumbent directs, coordinates and supervises subordinate employees and performs an array of high-level, confidential, and complex technical and administrative duties in support of various Department programs, plans, projects, and services. Duties and responsibilities are non-routine in nature, requiring effective management/leadership skills and advanced administrative experience associated with management, project coordination and program administration.
For priority consideration, please submit application by 8/9/19.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Supervises the activities of subordinates including employee selection, training, instruction, task assignment, work review, timely performance evaluations and administration of progressive discipline as needed;
- Answers questions; provides information to the public; recommends corrective actions; investigates, reports, documents and resolves complaints;
- Plans, develops, and implements or directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities relating to account receivables functions;
- Provides business analytics support with regard to communication, visuals, content format, etc.;
- Administers and directs the work of accounting office support staff with responsibilities for permits, account billing and other accounts receivable functions. Analyzes accounts receivable and accounts payable records and reports problem areas to professional accountant staff for resolution and corrective action. Review all receipts to ensure accuracy of account and fund numbers;
- Assists with accounting and financial controls including collecting and processing all receipts of purchase, processes refunds, sends invoices and processes payments;
- Conducts periodic studies to adjust daily admission, pass, and rental rates, reconcile accounts, and ensure that all entities conducting business have a required insurance;
- Responds to sensitive citizen information requests and complaints with tact and diplomacy; maintains confidentiality.
- Provides oversight for Department public record requests, records retention, workforce development, data processing, Department events and activities, training and training tracking, and other programs as assigned;
- Oversees the purchasing and receipt of Department supplies, materials and inventory;
- Serves as the department's training coordinator and safety officer; schedules and conducts staff trainings. Attends assigned meetings and training; interacts with outside agencies; provides leadership for teams, or committees, as needed;
- Oversee the development, revision and implementation of standard operating policies and procedures for the work unit;
- Provide input, recommend and implement the development and refinement of standardized systems as well as new methods, procedures, or strategies to ensure effective work flow for maximum efficiency and consistency.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Participates in the monitoring of the Department's annual budget;
- Relieves superiors of routine administrative tasks, assists Business Manager with duties as needed;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications - Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Economics, Public Financing, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' progressively responsible experience in a high-level administrative role required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a first-aid/CPR card within 90 days of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to work independently, strong self-motivation and effective time management skills;
- Must have exemplary verbal and written communication skills;
- Requires advanced administrative support knowledge and skills;
- Requires an advanced understanding of budgeting and financial accounts;
- Knowledge and skill in managing people, motivating and supervising a team of employees; providing strong leadership and direction
- Proficient knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of business administration including budgeting, human and resource management, and office information and organizing systems;
- Must be able to perform statistical analysis, keep budgetary records, and evaluate information against a set of standards;
- Proficiency with standard office and computer equipment, word-processing and spreadsheet programs, and the ability to learn specialized recreation computer programs;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Ability to work irregular hours and assume added responsibilities as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk occasionally.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement in order to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination in order to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILLED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385