Administrative Support CoordinatorCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $38,599.00 - $45,215.00 Annually
Under general supervision, participates in the administrative functions of the Department; including, but not limited to coordinating and maintaining the central registration/reservation system for the Department's recreational facilities; assisting in the implementation, maintenance, training and technical assistance related to the Department's website and computer software programs and applications; and assisting with the planning and execution of the financial processes within the Department.
For priority consideration, submit application by 4/26/19.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Manages a complex database by working closely with recreation programming and support staff to accurately create entries, account numbers and links for activities, events, facilities, passes and ticket sales;
- Maintains and enhances performance of all new and existing software and applications across the Department; Interfaces with IT to serve as Department helpdesk for end-user support assistance including troubleshooting and training for computer based software applications, and other related technical support;
- Administers Department's reservation process, processing payments, distributing documents, scheduling support personnel, and initiating refunds of deposits as appropriate;
- Researches, implements and assists in the periodic examination and evaluation of computer and software solutions to improve their effectiveness; analyzes programs and implements user software change requests;
- Accurately processes monetary transactions, including collecting fees and deposits, issuing receipts, handling credit card transactions, and reconciling credit card purchases;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Department's website; coordinates and distributes newsletters and email/text blasts for the Department;
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data for special projects and the creation reports that are distributed to the public and various boards and commissions;
- Maintains an inventory of keys, uniforms, computer equipment, and safety equipment; Evaluates and purchases related supplies within the Department;
- Performs application configurations for software related to registration, point of sales, reservations, ecommerce and membership management with the goal of providing quick and easy operation by users and staff; Becomes an expert in core applications and provides end user training;
- Works closely with application vendors to ensure timely resolution of all software related problems;
- Assists with accounting and financial controls including collecting and processing all receipts of purchase, ensuring they are in good order and accounted for and then routed and entered into software program;
- Manages improving work processes and product quality by using continuous quality improvement techniques;
- Independently assists with internal and external customer service by responding to customers by phone and assisting them with complaints, inquiries and resolving issues as needed.
Ancillary Job Duties
?May be required to periodically perform front desk duties and provide administrative assistance to Boards and Commissions as needed;
- Conducts special studies relating to the development and implementation of clerical work methods and procedures;
- Maintains and reviews project, purchasing, historical and financial records, including archival and disposal;
- May complete staff scheduling and act as Business Manager as assigned;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications - Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field;
- Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible, related work experience;
- Prior cash handling experience is desired;
- Prior technical support experience in the day-to-day operation of specialized software applications desired;
- Valid driver's license required
- First-aid/CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Must be proficient with and have an advanced knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software, and knowledge of application support analysis and application procedures/techniques.
- Ability to learn specialized recreation software programs at a highly developed level and assist in teaching new users.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Requires advanced administrative support knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to perform statistical analysis, keep budgetary records, and evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically and critically is required.
- Ability to work irregular hours, and assume added responsibilities as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally may require assisting with and attending Department sponsored special event or activities.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385