Records Clerk I PTCity Of Wentzville
Salary: $15.34 Hourly
Assists the Public Safety Department and the public by providing administrative, clerical, and information support.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare reports for public dissemination.
- Assist officers by contacting other agencies, gathering statistics, mailing documents, performing records checks and preparing subpoenas.
- Serve as a receptionist, assisting citizens, and directing calls accordingly.
- Assist the public by answering requests for information and directing residents regarding public resources.
- Perform filing and data entry functions.
- Process documents such as bonds, subpoenas, background checks, fingerprints, surveys and mail.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Provide professional, efficient customer service in all capacities: email, phone, in-person.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience required.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the Sunshine Law.
- Knowledge of Uniform Crime Reporting.
- Knowledge of city government and the functions of various city departments.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385