Administrative Specialist III
SALARY: $19.32 - $21.53 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION
OPENING DATE: 12/28/20
If you enjoy a fast paced environment and are looking for a career with an opportunity to grow with an amazing TEAM - this is the job for you! This position functions as integral support to the Parks and Recreation Department's leadership team, providing advanced administrative skills, project management support and projecting a professional extension of the team. The ideal candidate will have a results-oriented, self-starting and upbeat attitude, be extremely detail oriented, diplomatic and proactive. He or she will also have: 1) excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; 2) the ability to effectively multitask in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions and competing priorities; 3) an advanced skillset with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign) is preferred. Activities will vary daily based on commitments that range from facilitating the execution of the Director's initiatives, reviewing and summarizing key performance data/metrics, tracking training and safety priorities, developing Board agendas, reports and communication and making reservations or travel arrangements within the department. Assists and supports the Leadership Team with highly-skilled administrative work to include planning, implementing departmental programs and projects, and executing administrative activities. This is a part-time position eligible for up to 28 hours per week. The typical work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Some evening hours may be require on occasion.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team.
- Provide customer service to city employees, residents, developers, and other community leaders by phone, email, and in-person.
- Maintain and keep records for department or division.
- Update various City website pages.
- Collect payroll information from employees on a weekly basis; review the information to ensure it is complete and forward documentation to payroll for processing.
- Provide research, data analysis, and report creation support.
- Provide staff support to various boards & commissions by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining records.
- Assist in researching, preparing, and monitoring department budget and expenditures.
- Draft correspondence, create and update forms, brochures, and other documents.
- Handle department purchasing. Code purchase card transactions monthly.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Assist with special projects.
- Attend department meetings, ceremonies, trade shows, boards & commission meetings and other community events as needed; may be required to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Job Qualifications – Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree in Office Management, Public Administration, Business, or a related field desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- Prior experience in the following areas desired: Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Office Administration.
- Valid driver's license required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of City operations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, flyers, and graphics.
- Ability to produce reports, enter data for budgets, and process purchase orders through the City's financial software
- Ability to collect data, analyze subjects, and research information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain focused concentration.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Work Environment –
- Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk occasionally.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement in order to typeand work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination in order to work on computer,telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd Wentzville, MO 63385