Administrative SpecialistCity Of Wentzville
CITY OF WENTZVILLE
invites applications for the position of
Administrative Specialist I PT
SALARY: $15.34 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
DIVISION: BUILDING INSPECTION
OPENING DATE: 07/19/19
CLOSING DATE: 07/23/19 05:00 PM
Performs clerical and administrative duties for the various City departments. Serves as the first point of contact for department of division, providing information and directing the public via phone or in person
Hours will be Monday-Thursday, 11:30 am to 5 pm and Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Answer phone calls and respond professionally to resident questions and concerns; properly document all concerns.
- Assist customers in obtaining services & routing to appropriate party for assistance.
- May assign and issue permits and licenses.
- May prepare the daily schedule for various departments or divisions, including updating spreadsheets, pulling files, preparing documents, and updating databases.
- Perform data entry, maintain file documents.
- Establish & manage various accounts for residents and businesses.
- Scan files into electric file management systems.
- Prepare and distribute basic communications and correspondence
Ancillary Job Duties
- Collect and distribute mail and packages
- May serve as backup for utility billing, collecting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one-year of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and office equipment/machines
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgement and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- General knowledge of the City in order to answer questions from the public.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with performance of the duties of the this job
- Primarily an indoor work environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, MO 63385