Administrative Specialist IIICity Of Wentzville
Salary: $18.56 - $21.74 Hourly
Job Type: Part-time
Department: PARKS & RECREATION
Closing: 9/13/2019 5:00 PM Central
For priority consideration, submit application by 9/13/19.
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Administrative Specialist III. The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2019 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City of Wentzville was the only municipal government to be honored this year. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more!
Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement.
Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
Assists and supports the Leadership Team with highly-skilled administrative work to include planning, implementing departmental programs and projects, and executing administrative activities. This is a part time position not eligible for benefits.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team.
- Provide customer service to city employees, residents, developers, and other community leaders by phone, email, and in-person.
- Maintain and keep records for department or division.
- Update various City website pages.
- Collect payroll information from employees on a weekly basis; review the information to ensure it is complete and forward documentation to payroll for processing.
- Provide research, data analysis, and report creation support.
- Provide staff support to various boards & commissions by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining records.
- Assist in researching, preparing, and monitoring department budget and expenditures.
- Draft correspondence, create and update forms, brochures, and other documents.
- Handle department purchasing. Code purchase card transactions monthly.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Relieve superiors of routine administrative tasks.
- Assist with special projects.
- Attend department meetings, ceremonies, trade shows, boards & commission meetings and other community events as needed; may be required to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree in Office Management, Public Administration, Business, or a related field desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- Prior experience in the following areas desired: Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Office Administration.
- Valid driver's license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other City software and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of City operations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, flyers, and graphics.
- Ability to produce reports, enter data for budgets, and process purchase orders through the City's financial software
- Ability to collect data, analyze subjects, and research information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain focused concentration.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk occasionally.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement in order to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination in order to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385