Administrative Specialist ICity Of Wentzville
Salary: $32,157.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Closing: 1/31/2020 5:00 PM Central
Performs clerical and administrative duties for the various City departments. Serves as the first point of contact for department or division, providing information and directing the public via phone or in person.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties
- Answer phone calls and respond professionally to resident questions and concerns; properly document all concerns.
- Assist customers in obtaining services & routing to appropriate party for assistance.
- May assign and issue permits and licenses.
- May prepare the daily schedule for various departments or divisions, including updating spreadsheets, pulling files, preparing documents, and updating databases.
- Perform data entry, maintain and file documents.
- Establish & manage various accounts for residents and businesses.
- Scan files into electronic file management systems.
- Prepare and distribute basic communications and correspondence.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Collect and distribute mail and packages.
- May serve as backup for utility billing, collecting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one-year of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge of the City in order to answer questions from the public.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, Missouri, 63385