Administrative Specialist I
Salary : $32,157.00 Annually
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Full-time
Department: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Job Number: 00500
Closing: 8/13/2020 5:00 PM Central
Wentzville is a vibrant city whose charm is exceeded only by the remarkable people who call it home. While times have changed, the friendliness and hospitality that recall a simpler era have not. We enjoy a way of life that includes not only the charming characteristics of a small town, but also all of the amenities of a dynamic suburban environment.
Performs clerical and administrative duties for the various City departments. Serves as the first point of contact for department or division, providing information and directing the public via phone or in person.
For priority consideration, submit application by 8/17/2020.
- Answer phone calls and respond professionally to resident questions and concerns; properly document all concerns.
- Assist customers in obtaining services & routing to appropriate party for assistance.
- May assign and issue permits and licenses.
- May prepare the daily schedule for various departments or divisions, including updating spreadsheets, pulling files, preparing documents, and updating databases.
- Perform data entry, maintain and file documents.
- Establish & manage various accounts for residents and businesses.
- Scan files into electronic file management systems.
- Prepare and distribute basic communications and correspondence.
- Collect and distribute mail and packages.
- May serve as backup for utility billing, collecting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of one-year of related experience required.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge of the City in order to answer questions from the public.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd