Accounting Clerk II
Accounting Clerk II
Salary: $38,917.00 Annually
Location: City Hall, 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd. Wentzville
Job Type: Full-time
Department: GENERAL GOVERNMENT
Job Number: 00533
Closing: 11/23/2020 5:00 PM Central
Adventurers wanted! The City of Wentzville is seeking a Full time Accounting Clerk II. This position provides clerical support and customer service for the Finance Division, particularly in the area of Accounting.
The City was recently named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2020 Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, 2 floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a free recreation center membership and much more! Current employees note that working for the City of Wentzville offers great opportunity for growth. The people are truly amazing, the benefits speak for themselves and there's always room for advancement. Are you ready for an adventure? Complete an application for the opportunity to join our team!
The person selected to fill this vacancy will not begin work until January 2021.
Essential & Ancillary Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Process weekly invoices by entering and coding invoices, verifying manual and system purchase orders, reconciling vendor or department conflicts, and reviewing the status of open purchase orders.
- Process weekly payments, receive and process checks, file invoices, and create EFT transactions in Incode and process through the banking system.
- Assist users with Incode functions.
- Create vendor spreadsheets and maintain vendor information.
- Import daily cash files, post customer payments to accounts, perform the daily bank deposit for all cash collections, and assist with budgets and audits as requested.
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reconcile UMB P-Card monthly list reports before distribution of payment.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Order office supplies and vehicle fuel cards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of related experience required.
- Cash handling experience required.
- Prior municipal experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations) and basic office equipment with the ability to learn multiple software packages quickly.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain focused concentration.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities
Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to sit for significant periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Agency: City of Wentzville
Address: 1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd, Wentzville, Missouri, 63385
Phone: 636-639-2190, 636-639-2007