Senior Information Technology SpecialistCity of Watsonville
Senior Information Technology Specialist
City of Watsonville. $5,397.71 -$7,233.44 /month
This position encompasses the top level support for the IT helpdesk. The incumbent will supervise IT Specialists I and II positions, and manage computer imaging, Windows desktop patching, and enterprise antivirus. Expert knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals is essential, as well as Windows desktop OS. The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to resolve complex issues related to desktop software and hardware. Excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Examples of Essential Duties - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prioritize, and review the work of staff assigned to a variety of information technology support duties
- Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Implement and maintain systems to support staff computers remotely
- Provide assistance to customers with both desktop and server technologies
- Perform the most difficult and complex client software and hardware troubleshooting at the customer help desk level.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of technical and functional supervision and training
- Client server technologies; network operating systems.
- Installation, configuration, and management of servers and desktops; backup and storage procedures
- Methods, tools and techniques of testing, troubleshooting, problem solving and maintenance of hardware and software related to computers, network, and communication systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer