Library Assistant (Half-Time)City of Watsonville
Library Assistant (Half-Time)
City of Watsonville $3,642.60-$4,881.37/ month. Filing deadline: Thursday, October 31 at 5 pm.
To provide a variety of public and technical assistance in support of circulation, reference, classification, and recordkeeping activities in a public library; and to receive and assist patrons in the use of library resources and services.
This position has responsibilities ranging from routine clerical and customer-service activities to the implementation of library services requiring creativity and strong organizational skills.
Examples of Essential Duties - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives patrons, provides basic assistance in the use of library facilities and resources.
- Responds to public inquiries; provides information within the scope of knowledge and refers to an employee of higher classification if required.
- Checks outs, discharges and renews all library materials.
- Issues library cards; reviews library policies and procedures with patrons.
- Operates computers; inputs and retrieves data.
- Demonstrates use of equipment to patrons; microfilm/fiche reader, printers, online catalog, computers, copiers, etc.
- Calculates and collects funds for overdue and damaged materials.
- Prepares routine reports; types and performs other clerical and technical duties in support of library activities and operations as assigned.
- May assign, direct, and monitor the work of Library Page Interns and Library Clerks in a lead capacity.
Equal Opportunity Employer.