CustodianCity of Watsonville
City of Watsonville. $2,939.91 - $3,939.76 per month.
Filing deadline: Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Within a framework of standard policies and procedures, to perform general cleaning and custodial functions in and around assigned City buildings; and to perform other duties as required.
This is the entry and journey level classification in the custodian series. Incumbents are assigned to work in and around various City buildings and facilities, and are responsible for keeping assigned areas clean, maintained and orderly. This classification is distinguished from the higher level classification of Lead Custodian by the latter’s responsibility for coordinating and supervising the work of a custodial crew.
- Receives general to limited supervision from the Lead Custodian
Examples of Essential Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs general janitorial and custodial functions at assigned City areas
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and buffs floors
- Cleans, vacuums, and shampoos rugs and carpets
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes walls, furniture, woodwork, and office equipment
- Washes, scrubs, mops, and disinfects rest rooms
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and hand railings
- Empties and cleans waste containers, picks up paper and other refuse on grounds in immediate area of assigned buildings
- Assists in moving or rearranging chairs, tables, desk, furniture, and other equipment
- Cleans light fixtures and replaces light bulbs and tubes
- Observes for and reports needed repairs of buildings and equipment
- Operates cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor cleaning and buffing machines, scrubbers, etc.
- Locks and unlocks doors and gates to ensure security of buildings and related areas
- Delivers and picks up supplies and mail as assigned
- Maintains an accurate schedule and record of work performed
- Reports facility misuse/damage to supervisor immediately
- Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required
- May provide initial training for new employees
Equal Opportunity Employer.