City of Walla Walla
Provides complex technical support to the organization in the area of governmental accounting. Performs senior level financial research, planning and analysis. Oversees various City-wide accounting functions and related financial reports. The Financial Analyst may oversee or advise on the work of accounting staff throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Advanced and comprehensive working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
Governmental Accounting Standard Board's pronouncements (Statements, Interpretations, Technical
bulletins, and Exposure Drafts), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and other pronouncements of
nationally recognized accounting and auditing organizations.
• Advanced and comprehensive working knowledge of federal and state grant regulations as well as other
cost accounting standards to be used with the indirect cost plans.
• Advanced working knowledge of the State of Washington's Budgeting Accounting Reporting System
regulations governing local governments.
• Advanced and comprehensive working knowledge of ERP systems to manage and utilize them to their
• Effective oral and written communications appropriate for the audience and situation.
• Ability to keep current through research or training and quickly learn new accounting rules and
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer and applications, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets and other
Apply at: www.wallawallawa.gov . Open until filled. EOE/ADA