City of Union City
The City of Union City, New Jersey seeks a licensed Municipal Engineer.
The individual will supervise the field and office engineering work involved in municipal construction activities. The appointed Municipal Engineer will be required and/or requested to do any of the following:
- Prepare reports of construction expense, time spent and materials used.
- Consult with general contractors on construction projects.
- May be required to supervise a staff.
- Perform and supervise the performance of construction inspections.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of specifications and construction plans.
- Analyze municipal construction needs and provides recommendations and reports.
- Meet with the Mayor and other officials.
- Attend required meetings.
- Must be a licensed Municipal Engineer and possess a Professional Engineer’s License issued by the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- Three years of supervisory engineering experience in the design, maintenance and construction of projects, including the preparation and review of construction plans and specifications.
- Salary will be determined based on experience.
City of Union City is an equal opportunity employer.