Maintenance CustodianCity Of Ukiah
City Of Ukiah invites applications for Maintenance Custodian, $15.00-$18.23 per hour.
Under general direction of the Building Maintenance Lead Worker, administer and be responsible for the care, upkeep, cleaning, maintenance, and related dues as required of City buildings, related public facilities, events, and grounds; and to do related work as assigned.
Examples of duties:
- Maintains floor areas, which include sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, mopping, waxing, stripping, and polishing. (E‐M)
- Performs minor and/or basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and building maintenance work. (E‐M)
- Moves, repairs, assembles and installs furniture and equipment. (E‐M)
- Opens and closes the Council Chambers and assists those utilizing the facility. (E)
- Performs minor maintenance work, such as replacing light fixtures, regulation of ventilation and temperature, cleaning HVAC filters, and seƫng alarms.
- Operates light-duty equipment and machinery and be able to perform minor repairs and adjustments. (E)
- Dusts and cleans furniture and fixtures.
- Washes windows, walls, doors, and other surfaces.
- Provides thorough and detailed cleaning and maintenance of restrooms, ensuring the facilities are rouƟnely supplied with products. (E)
- Performs maintenance and cleaning of the Civic Center water fountain.
- Performs special custodial and maintenance work upon request of the position’s supervisor.
- Inspects facilities conƟnually to assure security and functionality of all entrances.
- Paints and provides touch‐up painting as needed.
- Provides service to City‐maintained facilities such as the Civic Center, Public Safety office, City Annex, Conference Center, Train Station, Observatory House, etc. as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.