Superintendent of Facilities Management
City of Newport Newport, RI Full-time Management
Posted on May 11, 2023
We are seeking an independent & experienced manager to develop & oversee programs to ensure proper maintenance/safety of all City/School owned buildings promoting efficiency & longevity of facilities.
Salary Range: $37.08-$52.82 hourly.
Experience: 5 – 10 years experience in facilities management and budgetary skills required.
- Develops & maintains a multi-year capital improvement plan & maintenance program for all municipal & school facilities; oversees execution of approved projects & implements a system to prioritize maintenance projects.
- Oversees all municipal & school construction projects, including any approved new school or repair projects. Attends evening meetings related to any general government or school construction projects.
- Oversees properties owned by the municipality but leased to private entities; manages the disposition of such properties whether by lease or sale.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning & scheduling & monitoring of maintenance & repair requirements of municipal & school buildings.
- Establishes appropriate preventive maintenance plans & schedules, security systems & procedures, & custodial requirements for each building & installation.
- Develops data regarding building maintenance costs, energy utilization, & more to facilitate informed budgeting & decision-making regarding operations.
- Directs the maintenance of all buildings as to cleanliness & safety.
- Tours buildings & meets regularly with city & school personnel to ensure service level is adequate.
- Ensures that standards consistent with all applicable laws are maintained at a minimum; establishes environmental compliance programs in accordance local, state & federal environmental compliance regulations.
- Determines & establishes detailed bid & quote specifications pertaining to purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, & contract work; oversees the acquisition, storage & issuance of all custodian & maintenance materials, supplies & equipment.
- Responsible for the purchase, utilization & control of all forms of energy used in municipal & school buildings.
Please click "Apply Now" for more information.