City of Melvindale
Applicants must at time of application and time of hire:
1. Be 21 years of age or older
3. Possess a valid Michigan Operator’s license and meet minimum driving requirements.
4. Have successfully completed the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Training requirements (Basic Police Academy).
5. Possess the valid Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Certification, in reading, writing, and the Physical Skills Test Battery.
6. Have completed two (2) years of credits from accredited college or university (i.e. 60 semester hours, or Associate's degree from an accredited institution), or have two years of sworn Police Officer experience in the last three years. Starting salary is $43,299.15.
The City of Melvindale is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.