Junior Clerk (Full-Time Position) Eligibility List City of Melvindale
DUTIES: To perform clerical, record-keeping, and general typing work; in addition, public contact, answering telephone, counter work; to operate two-way radio where applicable and to perform other related clerical work as required.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to: performing keyboard, calculator and office machines operations, handling of paper records and files.
• U. S. Citizen
• Have reasonable knowledge of business English, spelling and mathematics
• Ability to learn the departmental procedures and activities, including use of various office machines.
• Have speed, skills and accuracy in operation of t pewriter, calculator.
• Experience with computers desirable: Excel, Word, Windows, spreadsheets, data entry, and other office machines.
• Desire and ability to become an integral component of the City Team.
• bility to plan, schedule and implement new ideas to continue to provide excellent services to residents.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks and prioritize work.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports
• Ability to work effectively, consistently and pleasantly with public and other employees.
• Will be required to pass skills tests and math calculations.
• Will be required to pass typing test (minimum 40 wpm).
WAGES: Full-Time: $33,675.20 annually with benefits pursuant to the AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement
The City of Melvindale is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.