Library AssociateCity of Liberty Lake
Liberty Lake Municipal Library is seeking a Library Associate. 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Note: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the to this class).
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by performing circulation desk tasks including checking library materials in and out, issuing library cards, taking fines and payments, updating library customer accounts, and placing holds. Resolves issues related to overdues and library accounts.
- Receives payments, provides receipts, balances and reconciles cash amounts, maintains and processes cash records according to established procedures.
- Shelve, sort, file, and retrieve books, periodicals, and media, pack and unpack shipments of library materials, process materials for circulation.
- Explain library procedures and policies.
- Provide general, basic reference and readers’ advisory services by assisting customers in the use of library facilities, equipment, resources, and services. Direct or refer complex readers' advisory and reference questions to a Librarian or appropriate staff member.
- Provide training to customers in basic library skills including the use of public computers, catalog computers, the Internet, library digital resources, and devices; and in basic computer use.
- Assist customers in resolving technical problems or issues with library equipment. Maintain and troubleshoot equipment utilized in library.