Park SupervisorCity Of Destin
City of Destin
Parks Supervisor - Full Time
Summary: Supervises the maintenance and repairs of all city Parks and the landscape maintenance of all assigned city facilities including; cemeteries, city hall, city hall annex, library, community center, Fishing & History museum, public services building and contractual obligations with Mattie Kelley Arts and Destin Little League Association. Monitors the maintenance of all assigned contracts, which provide service in support of these city grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are not to be construed as an exclusive or all-inclusive listing of skills and abilities required to perform the job. Management may delegate other responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to Team Destin and our mission, vision, values, and goals and represents the city in a professional, dignified manner at all times both in actions and appearance.
- Contributes to the development and accomplishment of home team, department and division work-plans, process maps, workforce knowledge preservation and sustainability plans.
- Maintains participation on the city’s Leadership Team, Home Team and other teams as assigned.
- Models, communicates and enforces the City’s; Mission, Vision, Values, policies and procedures.
- Maintains current, complete records and fully utilizes systems in place for this purpose including the Work Order system.
- Completes routine safety inspections of all facilities and takes corrective action as required.
- Reviews, prepares, and implements written programs to keep the city parks and facilities, maintained or monitored by the city, at a safe, serviceable and aesthetically acceptable level.
- Assists with the annual and a five-year plan which outlines work to be accomplished each fiscal year and estimated cost of individual functions (e.g. cost of new upgraded irrigation systems, and the planned year of accomplishment).
- Assists with, monitors, and prepares documents relating to the annual operating budget.
- Ensures current, accurate and timely submission of assigned reports including weekly reports, work-order status, weekly staff, work schedule, and annual inventory.
Drug Free Workplace/EEO/Veterans