Performs entry level administrative and supervisory responsibilities for planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and supervising a variety of recreation programs such as: tournaments, youth sports, adult sports, concession stands, leisure activities, warming houses, special events and securing program staff and volunteers, preparing and maintaining appropriate records, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Public Works Director. Continuous supervision is exercised over seasonal employees, program instructors and volunteers.
2023 Hiring Range: $29.10 to $33.46
2023 Pay Range: $29.10 to $36.38
*2023 Performance-based Pay Opportunity: Up to $39.29
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, health, dental & vision, life insurance, long-term disability and retirement.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
- College courses with major studies in recreation and leisure, parks, sports management, or related field; minimum of three (3) years of experience in the recreation programming field; or equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by the Public Works Director.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Possess the following certifications upon date of hire:
- Department required concussion training.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Within six months of hire, possess the following licenses/certifications:
- State of MN Food Handler’s license
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in recreation, leisure, physical education, sports management or related field is a highly desired qualification.
*The City of Brainerd utilizes a performance-based pay system that provides an opportunity for additional steps based on merit.