Deputy City Clerkcity of birmingham
DEPUTY CITY CLERK
The City of Birmingham, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants, without regard to race or other protected status, for the position of Deputy City Clerk. Under the general direction of the City Clerk, the Deputy City Clerk performs a variety of responsible administrative duties involving substantial public contact and requiring a specialized knowledge of records retention, voter registration, local elections, and other Clerk’s Office functions. In the absence of the City Clerk, the Deputy City Clerk may supervise the operations of the department. The Deputy City Clerk will be responsible for receiving and reviewing application materials for various City licenses and permits; answering citizen inquiries; preparing various reports and correspondence; attending public meetings to record proceedings and prepare minutes; and assisting the City Clerk in preparations for elections, including registering voters and maintaining equipment and files. Performs related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, or a closely related field.
* A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible office experience involving substantial public contact.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and well developed PC skills are required.
* Prior work experience in a municipal setting and working knowledge of BS&A software systems.
* Prior work experience involving the administration of local elections, absentee ballots, QVF, and maintenance of voting records.
* Prior work experience in assisting with training groups for elections.
* Additional training and/or certifications in the administration of elections, records retention, Roberts Rules of Order, and/or other related topics.
* Possession of, or progress toward attaining a Certified Municipal Clerk designation is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
* Salary range of $49,582—63,473.
* Benefits include Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401A, Retirement Health Savings, 457, Life Ins, FSA, Short/Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement.
The City of Birmingham, MI The City of Birmingham, MI has a population of approximately 20,000 residents. Named one of the country’s “Top 20 Walkable Communities,” Birmingham covers 4.73 miles located 20 miles north of Detroit in Oakland County, Michigan. Throughout its history, Birmingham has enjoyed a high level of citizen involvement, which has contributed to the high quality of life in the community. It is a relatively affluent community with at small-town atmosphere and a vital downtown business and shopping district. With diverse cultural and recreational amenities, this indeed is a place to “live, shop, and play.”
More Information: www.bhamgov.org/clerk
The City of Birmingham is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking qualified minority and white applicants, without regard to race or other protected status.