Part Time Clerk in Municipal CourtCity of Benbrook
Part Time Clerk in Municipal Court
$10.00 per hour - 20 hours per week - Hours are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Summary of Class:
Works under direction of the Court Manager. This position will assist customers at the cashier's window and on the telephone, and perform other related duties as directed. Provides various general customer services, performs various general clerical tasks, and responds to customer complaints and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. Employees at this level receive occasional instructions or assistance as new or unusual situations arise. Also, they are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
Sample of Duties:
Communicates effectively, professionally and courteously with the public in person, on the telephone, and in writing. Advise defendants of their rights and judicial basic procedures.
- Collects, writes, balances and deposit all court fines, fees, bonds, and miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Serves as a Notary Public, authenticate official documents, and administer oaths.
- Provides a wide variety of general customer services.
- Updates detailed case files, maintaining up-to-date, correct court records, including status changes, adding clerk comments, and address changes.
- Performs various general clerical functions, calculations and monetary transactions; maintains and updates complex filing systems; processes forms and reports; prepares general correspondence; researches files and records.
- Responds efficiently and timely to customer inquiries and complaints, resolves problems within area of assignment; explains applicable policies and procedures.
- Enters traffic, parking and general citation information into the computer system; creates and prints complaints for citations as needed.
- Works directly with theft, alcohol, anger management, drug and tobacco programs as well as qualifying community service agencies.
- Posts and distributes various court dockets; processes court citations for court dockets.
- Facilitates monthly court sessions, including preparing the docket and appropriate after-court case updating and documentation preparation
- Answers incoming telephone calls and provides information to citizens, defendants, attorneys, various law enforcement agencies, other courts and internal personnel.
- Greets citizens and directs to proper departments.
Complete Job Description
How to Apply:
Applications available at City Hall, 911 Winscott Road, Benbrook, TX 76126 or by download.
Complete applications can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 817-443-6204
Resumes are not accepted.
Application deadline: Open until filled