Full-time and eligible employees are offered a variety of benefit options including health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, VEBA / HSA, PERA (retirement) and/or deferred compensation contributions.
Applicants must meet the minimum selection standards set by MN POST Board and be licensed or eligible to be licensed by September of 2021. Starting salary is $28.32 /hour with top pay of $35.87 / $74,611 annually. Lateral pay may be available for qualified candidates. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement that includes a full-time benefit package plus all required uniforms and equipment. Our hiring process may include a written exam, training and experience rating, oral interview, fitness testing, extensive background investigation, psychological exam and physical exam.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by a minimum two year community college degree or vocational school training in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice administration, public administration, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Police Officer in the State of Minnesota or eligible to be licensed upon hire.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Skill in operating the tools and equipment listed below.
- Ability to learn the applicable laws, ordinances, and Department rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet department's physical standards and perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and supervisors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the special requirements listed below.Ability to learn the City's geography.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid MN Driver's License without record of suspension or revocation in any state.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must successfully complete the Field Training Officer Program.
- Must be of good moral character and of temperate and industrious habits.
- Must possess and maintain Basic First Aid, AED and CPR certifications.
- Must be clear of disqualifying convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
- Within six months of hire, must establish and maintain residency within 30 minutes (under normal driving conditions) of the law enforcement center.
Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
Click apply for all the details to be considered.
The City of Bemidji is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer