CITY ENGINEERCITY OF BELLEVILLE, IL HW
The City of Belleville, IL is accepting applications for a full-time City Engineer. Requires a BS in Engineering and State of Illinois PE certification. Requires five or more years’ experience in the areas of highway and sewer operations including design, construction and maintenance activities. For a complete job description and how to apply visit www.belleville.net
The City Engineer is responsible for the planning, design, construction and long-term maintenance of roadways and bridges, drainage, and organizing and directing the work of the City Engineering Department
Directly supervises department and contractual employees. Prepares Engineering Department budget and reviews all capital improvement plans.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises the Mayor and City Council on street and storm sewer matters regularly and upon request.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the infrastructure capital improvement program and the motor fuel tax programs. Reviews and approves special engineering projects.
- Works with state regulatory agencies, developers and contractors to review projects and city regulations. Coordinates City's consulting engineering services.
- Leverages State and Federal funding for City projects.
- Establishes and implements departmental policies and goals.
- Prepares Engineering Department TIF and MFT budgets related to roadways, bridges and drainage, administers and prepares Street Department MFT materials budget.
- Performs bridge inspection and reporting to IDOT for inclusion in the National Bridge Inspections Standards database (NBIS).
- Supervises the review of plans and construction of new subdivisions to ensure they meet city requirements.
- Coordinates activities with other governmental units and agencies as well as city departments, public and private agencies and the state and federal governments.
- Coordinates the land acquisition, utilities and flood plains as they are related to roadway bridge and drainage projects.
- Assists citizens with problems and complaints. Meets with residents, contractors and developers to review city regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a BS in Engineering. Certification as a Professional Engineer by the State of Illinois. Requires five or more years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of highway and sewer operations including involvement with design, construction and maintenance activities. Requires three years of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge of highway drainage and traffic engineering principles and procedures. Knowledge of administrative principles and practices and of supervisory methods and techniques. Knowledge of budgetary principles and practices. Knowledge of highway standards and specifications. Knowledge of sanitary sewer collection. Knowledge of the purchasing regulations of the State of Illinois. Skilled at developing bid specifications and contract negotiation. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government officials, associates and subordinates. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Send application, resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or Mayor Mark W. Eckert 101 South Illinois Belleville, IL 62220 Must fully comply with all employment requirements set forth in the City of Belleville Revised Code of Ordinances, as amended, including but not limited to the residency provisions therein.