Parks Crew Supervisor, Tax Auditor, Project Manager ICity Of Aspen
- Senior Process Improvement Analyst
- Business Support Technician
- Water Resource & Hydroelectric Specialist
- Utilities Services Tech II
- Parks Crew Supervisor
- Tax Auditor
- Project Manager I
Position Summary: Project Engineering, design of City projects, implementation of City projects, public engagement, engineering inspections, field work, Construction and Project Management with on review of development plans and construction and ensures development is following the engineering standards of the City.
Supervision Exercised and Received: Position works under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs engineering design work, including researching data and determining criteria in accordance with required standards and codes; prepares calculations, sketches, plans, specifications and estimates.
- Primary design responsibilities include the design of pedestrian, bicycle and ROW of infrastructure including ADA ramps, sidewalks, roadways, storm sewer and water quality features.
- Public engagement and community information planning for city projects.
- Reviews plans and issues comments and approves plans associated with building permit or land use applications to ensure conformance with the City’s regulations and standard engineering practices. This includes a review of grading and drainage plans, right of way improvements associated with private development, excavation and stabilization of projects, and hazard review (i.e. mud flow, landslide, flooding). Implements the Urban Runoff Management Plan, land use regulations as it pertains to engineering and development standards of the Engineering Department. Researches legal documents, plats, surveys, easements, property ownership, construction drawings and as-built, grants or dedications, development agreements and historical development/project records for information as needed to carry out development review. Prepares reports related to status of permit reviews.
- When needed, performs field site visits, inspections and enforcements on building permit activity.
- Collaborates with city staff, developers, engineers, architects and contractors. Presents engineering analysis of technical issues to City Council and public as necessary. Provides assistance to citizen requests, complaints and inquiries concerning various traffic, drainage and engineering related matters.
- Coordinates the implementation of permits and entitlements with reviewers and inspectors in Engineering and Utilities Departments and other City departments such as Parks, Building, and Community Development. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with City staff, governmental agencies, private developers and consultants, neighborhood and other citizens’ groups to resolve issues and problems associated with construction, right of way improvements, and drainage issues.
- Manages and administers projects from design to completion. Prepares proposals, recommends consultant selection, reviews and manages design contracts, reviews consultants work, and ensures compliance with City design standards, code requirements, and standard engineering practices. Approves final designs on projects assigned.
- Manages construction contracts or projects, accepts bids for construction, and makes recommendations for City projects. Provides on-site guidance and problem resolution. Ensures proper field changes by reviewing field reports on installations for conformance to contracts, regulations, and engineering and construction principles and standards. Monitors schedules and contract change orders and costs. Inspects construction, changes orders if necessary and processes pay applications.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.