Warehouse Worker #399
CHS is looking for talented people to join our team!
Seasonal Position -Req ID: 399
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Warehouse Worker to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation, and cleaning in the warehouse. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
You must be able to work extended hours during the months of April - June.
* Perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing product, picking orders, and completing documentation.
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Complete shipping, receiving, and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
* Assist in training new employees.
* Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
* Operate a forklift.
* Follow all plant and food safety rules and procedures.
* Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required):
* High school diploma or GED
* Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
* Must be able to perform simple math problems related to order counts and inventory management
* Must be able to work overtime and weekends
* Must be able to wear a hard hat, hair net, safety glasses, and safety boots
* Prior warehouse experience
* Physical Requirements
* Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending, and lifting up to 55 lbs. repeatedly
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.