Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
2 years Nursing experience. (Required)
1 year Recent pediatric experience in a comparable setting. (Required)
The Shift Coordinator, will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at CNMC.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia .
- Participate/support Shared Leadership.
- Contribute to CNMC’s Magnet Journey.
- Ensure that nursing is based on evidence of best practice.
- Accountable for supporting/participating in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process.
- Participate in community activities.
Participates in Assessment, Planning, and Implementation of Nursing Process
- Continuously perform patient/family assessments as necessary to ensure needs are met.
- Assess and modify skill mix and staffing levels using manager or clinical coordinator for complex issues.
- Function as a resource in planning patient discharge and all clinical issues.
- Utilize multidisciplinary approach to meeting patient care needs.
Demonstrates Ability to Communicate Effectively
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication skills by adopting techniques for specific situations.
- Provide performance feedback to all staff in a constructive, timely manner.
- Effectively manage conflict resolution.
- Serve as consumer advocate for patient/family concerns.
- Facilitate learning opportunities for all staff.
- Ensure that patient/family educational needs are met.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Demonstrate awareness of cost containment strategies by efficiently planning staffing patterns, level and mix to meet patient care needs.
- Ensure staff adherence to unit/hospital policies.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process for all staff.
- Implement change with a positive impact.
- Display strong leadership in a team environment through example.
- Demonstrate initiatives and leadership through involvement in projects and committee work.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things