Minimum Work Experience
2-3 years Clinical research coordinating
RN Licensed Registered in DC prior to Start
Meticulous attention to detail.
Computer skills; familiarity with MS Word, MS Office and intranet/internet preferred.
Ability to operate general office equipment, including fax machine, printer and copier.
Responsible Conduct of Research
- Consistently demonstrates adherence to the standards for the responsible conduct of research.
- Plans, conducts and manages research projects within federal and institutional regulations and policies under the direction of the principal investigator.
- Uses research funds and resources appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality of data as required.
- Meets all annual job-related training and compliance requirements.
Integrate nursing process with research plan
- Performs assessments related to overt and subtle patient needs by making proficient clinical assessments according to GCP.
- Integrates patient data to anticipate problems associated with changing patient status as they relate to the research process.
- Serves as a role model for others by integrating data obtained from a range of sources in the development and revision of research activities.
- Demonstrates independent decision-making in executing research plan.
- Assists others in protocol implementation.
- Acts as an advocate in meeting patient/family needs related to research protocol.
- Acts as a role model for the evaluation of research process
Develop effective communication channels with research team, staff, patients and families
- Protects patient/family right to confidentiality in relation to research protocol.
- Acts as a role model for other professionals by communicating responsively, respectfully and assertively.
- Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare professionals throughout all phases of the research process.
Ensure that patient and family understand plan of care and health status implications
- Designs orientation materials for both patient/family and health professionals as related to the research protocol as necessary.
- Serves as content expert in the development, review and revision of educational materials developed for research study.
- Evaluates effectiveness of research teaching plan in meeting educational needs of staff/patient/family and makes recommendations for change as needed.
- Takes initiative in the review and management of research orientation program and examines its impact on unit functioning.
- Explains research projects and their significance to potential research subjects and parents of children potentially involved in research projects.
- Ensures informed consents are obtained from subjects before initiation of any aspect of research projects.
- Speaks up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance.
- Continuously validates and verifies information needed for decision-making or documentation.
- Stops in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation.
- Demonstrates accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication.
- Actively promotes safety for patients, families, visitors and coworkers.
- Attends carefully to important details, practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance.
- Participates in Shared Leadership.
- Contributes to Children’s National’s MAGNET Journey.
- Ensures nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Participates in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process at the division or unit level.
- Participates in community activities.
Ensure professional development needs are met
- Plan activities to meet own educational needs.
- Apply established findings of research to nursing practice when appropriate.
- Address practice problems arising from research through systematic assessment and documentation.
- Act as CNMC representative when networking with other health care providers at professional meetings, or other facilities, etc.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things