Registered Nurse II - Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (DC); $25,000 Bonus - (21000211)
EMERGENCY MEDICINE AND TRAUMA SERVICES
Emergency Medicine and Trauma Services (EMTC) is a tertiary care, Level 1 trauma center located 1310 Southern Ave SE, Washington, DC
This Satellite Pediatric Emergency Department operates 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Patient and Family services are provided under a collaborative, shared leadership model.
- The EMTC provides medical screening and emergency care to over 120,000 patients and families annually with a wide range of problems. Presenting conditions are triaged and assigned to the appropriate treatment area utilizing the Emergency Severity Index (ESI) tool, which takes into account patient acuity and resources needed for management. Presenting conditions range from mild to life-threatening.
- Mild to moderate conditions include common pediatric conditions such as: common colds, rashes, strep throat, upper respiratory conditions, lacerations, otitis media, strains and sprains, etc. More complex to life threatening conditions include child abuse/neglect, sexual assault, behavioral emergencies, meningitis, sepsis, burns, acute medical, surgical and trauma conditions, anaphylaxis, respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- The EMTC can provide emergency stabilization and treatment of adults and arrange for transfer to the appropriate treatment site after medical screening and initial interventions. Medical screening exams and stabilization of any actual or potential life threatening conditions is provided regardless of age, race, sex, gender, color, ethnicity, national origin or ability to pay for services. The EMTC is able to increase resources as needed to meet large influxes of patients (medical alert, trauma state or phased response).
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 year RN experience (Required)
- The licensed Registered Nurse will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at Children’s National.
- Keep knowledge base current with new information or changes in specialty area.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse in District of Columbia (Required)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
United Medical Center
1310 Southern Avenue SE
: COE Hospital-Based Specliaties
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: D/E/N with weekend and holiday requirement
: Jan 24, 2023, 2:28:43 PM