NICU Patient Care Technician - Part Time Benefited (2 Shifts Weekly) - (220002NK)
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary health care delivery team, under the direction of the Registered Nurse perform basic nursing care activities, assist in maintaining a safe, clean, stocked patient care setting, assist staff members and help direct patient flow .
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Experience in a health care setting if possible pediatrics; one semester clinical experience completed at an accredited school of nursing or military corpsman training. (Preferred)
Basic computer skills (typing, use of mouse, e-mail).
Knowledge of aseptic technique.
Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
Human relations and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Patient Care Technician (CPCT) (Required)
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS) (Required)
Patient Services - Admission
- Include but not limited to-orienting family to use of call lights, monitor and unit.
- Set up of monitor and alarms.
Patient Services - Daily Living
- Perform vital signs, height, weight and head circumference.
- Patient ADL’s include but not limited to daily bath, skin care with mouth care and peri-care.
- Ensure proper nutrition as ordered (ng, gt, or tray).
- Care of tube feeding and feeding of patients.
- Application of skin creams as directed by RN.
Direct Patient Care
- Collection of cultures, urine and stool samples, etc.
- Recognize and report pain and skin breakdown.
- Prioritize tasks and special requests from RN.
- Assist in performance of trach care and EVDs.
- Assist with central line dressing, pin care, cast and traction care and care for dying patients.
- Assist with preparation of room for discharge and admission; assist with patient flow by maintaining a neat and orderly environment.
- Obtain equipment and supplies and maintain PAR levels.
- Observe and alert RN when there are monitor deviations
- When assigned to monitor bank will follow the monitor guidelines to dress code and professionalism.
- Care for isolation patients.
- Adherence to hand washing before and after every patient.
- Clean equipment after each patient’s use.
- Document on nursing database, flow sheets and vital signs in a timely manner and notify appropriate charge nurse in computer or chart as suitable.
- Communicate effectively with RN and team members to achieve goals by reporting any changes, abnormal findings, and participate in beginning and end of shift reporting.
- Maintain professional relationships with patients and families.
- Resolve conflict with co-workers appropriately.
- Support a family-centered care environment.
- Communicate with RN on all patient care activities at least every hour; notify charge nurse when leaving and returning to the unit for any reason.
- Demonstrate non-judgmental behavior.
- Keep informed about council meetings and unit issues.
- Participate in shared decision making through contributing to unit discussion and support shared leadership decisions.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Unit communications associate follows all Hospital / Departmental policies/procedures.
- Remain on unit during assigned shift, notify Charge Nurse and appropriate staff members when leaving the unit for patient care related errands; leave patient care area only when assigned shift is completed, replacement staff member is present, and report is given.
- Use designated staff areas for eating, smoking, and socializing (perform only during assigned breaks).
- Work area is left in a neat and organized fashion.
- Use downtime productively during shift.
- Attend mandatory in-service/educational programs to learn about new procedures, skills, products, equipment; attend staff meetings.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Patient Services
Position Status: R (Regular) - PT - Part-Time
Work Schedule: D/N and weekend rotating; 12 hr shifts
: Oct 5, 2022, 7:58:40 PM