HSCPC Skilled Nursing Facility (PRN) CNA - (220002CC)
The HSCPC Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs various direct patient/resident care activities under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). The CNA functions as a member of the resident's care team and is responsible for identifying, planning, providing, and documenting the activities of daily living (ADL) care (i.e., bathing, toileting, feeding, grooming, etc.) as directed by the RN. All CNA care is grounded in the scope of certification, HSC Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. As a member of the care team, every effort of resident care is towards continuous quality improvement and person/ family-centered care.
High School Diploma or GED (Required) And
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Previous experience as a DC Certified Nursing Assistant or comparable experience (Required)
Displays knowledge and can performs duties within the scope of certification
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to speak read and write English fluently, Bi-Lingual preferred.
Effective use of time management and demonstrates a high level of productivity.
Demonstrates ability to work independently and/or with a team managing multiple and conflicting priorities.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Nurse Aide License from the District of Columbia Upon Hire (Required)Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS); Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) A valid and unexpired BLS or CPR certification from an approved training provider (American Heart Association; American Red Cross; Etc.) Upon Hire (Required)
Essential job duties:
- Resident Care Activities: ◦ Provides and/or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care for assigned residents as prescribed by the residents’ plan of care and documents the provision of care in the computerized medical record. ◦ Observes and report any resident changes in condition to the assigned Registered Nurse (RN). ◦ Safeguards Resident Rights which include reporting immediately to the correct discipline any allegations of abuse/neglect. Reports incidents/accidents to the supervisor. ◦ Follows infection control procedures when providing care including hand hygiene and use of required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). ◦ Participates in interdisciplinary meetings and reports with other Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and RNs. ◦ Works as an effective and respectful team member while coordinating duties and responsibilities with the care team for the residents’ safety and comfort. ◦ Performs other duties as assigned including those ordered by the physician and assigned by the RN, supervisor, or other managers. ◦ Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment and supplies during the provision of care. ◦ Utilizes electronic medical records to document daily nursing care for each resident. ◦ Involves resident in goals-directed play to aid in motor, language, and psychosocial development. ◦ All clinical skills as demonstrated on the Skills Checklist & Demonstration (Attachment A)
- Performance Improvement and Safety: ◦ Represent unit (as assigned) and participates in interdisciplinary resident-related activities. ◦ Anticipates safety problems and intervenes appropriately. ◦ Ensure familiarization with the hospital and departmental safety plan and execute all job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner. ◦ Completes assigned mandatory training and competencies as directed. ◦ Actively participates in quality improvement activities. ◦ Adheres to clinical policies and procedures according to the Performance Standards and in the provision of resident care. ◦ Maintains certification as required by the District of Columbia Department of Health. ◦ Adheres to personnel policies and procedures including those dealing with time and attendance standards.
- Other job duties: ◦ May perform other duties in addition to those outlined in this job description.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This job operates in a hospital or office environment.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
HSC Bunker Hill Peds Ctr
1731 Bunker Hill Road NE
: HSC Pediatric Center
Position Status: R (Regular) - O - PRN
Work Schedule: Variable
: Sep 14, 2022, 11:30:26 PM