Essential job duties:
- Safeguards the rights of the client and protects all client information in a confidential manner quickly and politely.
- Client assessment and clinical notes with the inclusion of vitals are complete, appropriate for client and submitted in accordance with agency policy.
- Ensure proper use of electronic device and maintains entries that are confidential.
- Care is planned and given according to age of client and all activities are documented.
- Client education is documented throughout client chart. Referrals to other Services are documented in client chart.
- Maintains knowledge of Home Chart contents and uses contents for education.
- Clients are seen as assigned needs are appropriately met by identifying and prioritizing problems/nursing care needs.
- Client/family encouraged participating in health care planning and casing conferences.
- Health related client focused education.
- Appropriate care is given according to the plan of care.
- Modification of nursing care plan is recommended as needed when change in condition is identified.
- Physician calls are made as warranted or change in client’s condition.
- Medications are correctly administered and documented.
- All safety and environmental concerns in the home are identified per agency policy and procedures are followed and documented.
- Appropriate response to emergency needs is met without delay. Must be able and know how to dial 911.
- Charts are complete, descriptive and appropriately signed.
- Nursing supervisor and other appropriate persons are consulted when needed. Assistance is sought when new and unfamiliar activities are performed.
- Physician’s orders on the plan of care are appropriately carried out.
- A positive, courteous attitude is maintained with the physician to promote a good relationship with client, physician and nursing staff.
- A cooperative attitude is exhibited to fellow workers.
- Client needs and condition changes are communicated to appropriate persons.
- Timely complete, concise, accurate and legible documentation is maintained in all records and reports including MARs, narcotic and vent measurements as appropriate.
- Problems are promptly reported to appropriate person.
- Unsafe nursing practices and irregularities in compliance with established standards of care, policies and procedures are reported.
- Cooperates with and adapts to planned and unplanned changes in agency operations.
- Reports to supervisor each work day per agency policy.
- When requested assist with learning experiences for new HHA Aides and takes responsibility for client’s welfare as new HHA Aide is assisted.
- Equipment is maintained in good condition and properly stored.
- Nursing bag is stocked and maintained.
- Incident reports are completed accurately and promptly.
- All charges are appropriately entered on charge sheets and charged out appropriately.
- All established policies and procedures are followed.
- Attends staff meetings and attendance is documented.
- Participates in performance improvement activities in area of assignment.
- Performs other duties as required or as responsibilities necessitate.
- Carries out interagency assignments and communications. Good rapport is evident.
- Assist with suggestions to improve the Quality and safety committee objectives.
- Attends all required in-service programs, multidisciplinary team meetings and attendance is documented.
- Conducts self in a manner that promotes positive relationship and teamwork among employees and between agencies.
- Proper personal protective equipment is utilized such as gowns, gloves, eyewear, face shield, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for own clinical practice.
- Complete and maintain skills according to Home Care regulations.
- Must be available for supervisory visits.
- Work output is satisfactory.
- Dependable and can be relied upon to fill responsibilities and commitments.
- Adheres to visit schedules.
- Frequently acts upon own initiative to perform acceptable range of duties. Exhibits resourcefulness in overcoming obstacles.
- Employee responds or conforms to changing, new or unexpected situations.
- Usually makes reasonable decisions in normal situations, in general, judgment is reliable.
- All clinical skills as demonstrated on the skills assessment & demonstration check list (completed during new hire orientation)
Other job duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee Excellence, All In, Action-oriented
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality.
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
One to two years of nursing experience. One to two years of home care/pediatric experience preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.
Must be certified/licensed in Maryland. Must have a current CPR certification.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Computer Literacy Required
BLOOD BORNE PATHOGEN EXPOSURE
Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
PHI ACCESS LEVEL
Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
This job operates in a hospital or home care environment.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This is a PRN position working standard and extended hours.
Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.