HSCHC Home Health Aide - (2200013E)
The Home Care Aide assists professional nursing staff to perform nursing care activities to patients with an assigned unit and functions as a team member in patient care.
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Previous experience or training as a PCA/CNA/GNA/Home Health Aide in health care; enabling them to successfully complete the HSC Home Care Competency (Required)
Evaluation. Basic computing knowledge and skills preferred.
Ability to speak read and write English fluently.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Home Health Aide licensure from the District of Columbia Upon Hire (Required)
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Upon Hire (Required)
- Safeguards the rights of the patient and protects all patient information in a confidential manner quickly and politely.
- Signs of suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation are recognized and reported to supervisor immediately.
- Reports to Supervisor at least at beginning and end of each work day per Agency policy. Established schedule is met.
- Ensure to wear the proper personal protective equipment is utilized such as gowns, gloves, eyewear, etc.
- Assist with learning experience for new Home Health Aide. Takes responsibility for patient’s welfare while with new Home Health Aide during Home Health Aide orientation.
- Equipment is available and kept in good condition and properly stored.
- All patient supplies are charged correctly and appropriately. Supplies are accounted for and waste is avoided.
- Ensure all work output is thorough, accurate, and meets quality standards.
- Meets average productivity standards on a timely basis.
- Able to be relied upon to meet work schedules and fulfill responsibilities and commitments.
- Awareness of and respect for others is exhibited. Is usually in control of self. Usually gets along well with fellow employees, supervisor and others.
- Flexible in thinking and responds to or conforms to changing, new, or unexpected.
- Takes responsibility for own clinical practice.
- Attends all clinical practice and all team conferences and attendance is documented.
- Attends all required in-services and attendance is documented.
- Appropriate care is given, documented, and reported to the responsible nursing staff.
- Primary nurse is notified promptly of any significant change in patient conditions.
- All clinical skills as demonstrated on the Skills Checklist & Demonstration (Attachment A)
- As warranted will assist cognitively capable adults by providing medication reminders
- Certified Nursing Assistant will not administer medication to clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This job operates in a hospital or office environment.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- This is a PRN position working standard and extended hours.
: District of Columbia-Washington
HSC Bunker Hill Peds Ctr
1731 Bunker Hill Road NE
: HSC Home Care LLC
Position Status: R (Regular) - O - PRN
Work Schedule: variable
: Apr 14, 2022, 4:27:08 PM