HSC Home Care Registered Nurse - (2200029G)
The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of nursing and home health aide functions and the utilization of ancillary agency staff. Supervises and assists, when needed, with client care in accordance with established standards of care. Promotes positive relationships between nursing, home health aide employees, physicians and other agencies. Projects a competent, caring image to the public served.
Vocational Education Graduate of a fully accredited school of nursing. (Required)
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the clients served in a home/community setting. He/she must also demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the client's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient requirement relative to his or her age specific needs.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse District of Columbia and/or Maryland Upon Hire (Required)Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Upon Hire (Required)
Essential Job Duties
- 1. All clinical skills as outlined and demonstrated on the Clinical Skills assessment and Check List (completed during new hire orientation)
- 2. Collaborates with primary care physicians and other members of the health care tea.
- 3. Safeguards the rights of the client and protects all client information in a confidential manner.
- 4. Performs clinical assessments for in home care and environmental safety.
- 5. Able to effective document and communicate care needs to the physician and health care team.
- 6. Coordinates client care and services.
- 7. Effective develops and implements care plan for clients receiving home care services.
- 8. Effectively reports client safety issues to the Senior Clinical Manager and other members of the home care team and appropriate external agency such CFSA.
- 9. Communicates and documents client needs and condition changes to the appropriate person(s).
- 10. Acts rapidly and appropriately in emergency situations.
- 11. Acts as a liaison between the client, physician, staff, and/or visitors to promote a positive care environment.
- 12. Performs Initial assessments and development of plan of care.
- 13. Performs health/disease/care related education that is client/family centered.
- 14. Observes and monitors care delegated to others.
- 15. Supervisory visits are initiated and documented to support client care management.
- 16. Makes visits on clients as needed, identifying and prioritizing problems and nursing care needs.
- 17. Reports suspected client abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- 18. Ensures physician orders are clear, safe, effective and are carried out according to policies and procedures.
- 19. Assists nursing and home health aide staff when carrying physician orders and care plan interventions.
- 20. Demonstrates a kind, cooperative, courteous manner that supports culturally and linguistically appropriate service.
- 21. Communicates staff and client needs to the appropriate person.
- 22. Matters concerning nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with standards of practice, scope of licensure and the HSC Home Care policies and procedures.
- 23. Assumes assigned responsibilities for the emergency preparedness to support client safety and care.
- 24. Reviews physician, health team reports from nurses, home health aides and ancillary staff to insure adequate staffing and knowledge of client’s conditions.
- 25. Records and reports admissions, discharges, deaths and any unusual situations to the appropriate to clinical manager/clinical director.
- 26. Problems with clients are addressed, resolved as appropriate and reported to the Senior Clinical Manager and Chief Operating Officer as appropriate.
- 27. Participates in new employee field orientation, check offs and serves as a role model to orient, develop and guide new nursing and home health aide staff members.
- 28. Accurately completes incident and/or counseling reports in a timely manner, reporting such occurrences to the Senior Clinical Manager.
- 29. Participates in employee evaluations and counseling related to the supervision of employees.
- 30. Evaluations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- 31. Participates in staff meetings, giving suggestions for enrichment of the organization.
- 32. Participates in team conferences and insures proper document is maintained on file to support care planning.
- 33. Reports on and off duty on time and as assigned.
- 34. Actively participates in the collection of performance/quality improvement data.
- 35. Assists management in meeting budgeted expectations.
- 36. Visit planning and preparation, on an on-going basis, is demonstrated to ensure successful client/patient outcomes, surveys and audits.
- 37. Participates community health promotion activities.
- 38. Establishes good rapport with civic clubs, organizations, health care providers and governmental agencies as demonstrated by referrals being received from a variety of sources.
- 39. Demonstrates ability to present self in a professional manner to reach out to the community as evidenced by professional appearance and attitude.
- 40. Offers assistance and provides direction to clients, care managers, discharge planners, physicians and families in a concise informative manner.
- 41. Initiates activities which promote an increase in client census and visit growth.
- 42. Participates in the development of new programs which will meet client needs and expand the scope of services.
- 43. Carries out DOH, CMS, CHAP standards that promotes compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- 44. Participates on assigned committees such as CLAS, Safety, Quality etc.to support organizational goals.
- 45. Meets established deadlines.
- 46. Ensures skills check-list is completed and up-to-date.
- 47. Utilizes proper personal protective equipment to control and limit exposure to blood and body fluids.
- 48. Reviews, understands and adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Billing Compliance Programs.
- 49. Performs the satisfactory volume of work with an appropriate rate of progress on assignments.
- 50. Employee’s output of work is thorough, accurate and meets the quality of standards.
- 51. Attendance and punctuality are satisfactory.
- 52. Responds or conforms to changing, new or unexpected situations with flexibility.
- 53. Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e. attends ongoing educational programs).
- 54. Exhibits an awareness and respect of others to promote a harmonious productive work environment.
- 55. Meets with supervisor at an established time frame to provide client status reports.
Other job duties:
- 56. Maintains a positive relationship with peers and supervisor.
- 1. Performs other duties as assigned.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This position operates in home and community environments.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- This is a position working standard and extended hours.
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
HSC Bunker Hill Peds Ctr
1731 Bunker Hill Road NE
: HSC Home Care LLC
Position Status: R (Regular) - O - PRN
Work Schedule: Varies
: May 24, 2023, 4:26:40 PM