Clinical Supervisor Home Care - (23000167)
The Clinical Supervisor plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education. The supervisor nurse builds form resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately as well as the supervision of clinical personnel. Participates in continued quality assurance.
Minimum Work Experience
5 years Nnursing experience, (Required) And
3 years Pediatrics experience. (Required) And
1 year Experience as a Charge Nurse, Supervisor, or Management position. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia Upon Hire (Required)Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Current CPR or PALS certification. (Required)
Certification in Pediatric Nursing, Rehab Nursing and/or Nursing Administration preferred. (Preferred)
- Reviews available patient information related to case, including discipline required, to determine home care needs. Assist in assigning and supervising appropriate clinicians to provide client care.
- Reviews and evaluates each patient's chart by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, holding conferences including 1:1 education staff, reviewing records, instructing and guiding clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services.
- Reviews and assist in reviewing patient's clinical diagnoses, medications, procedures, clinical course or care and services and communicates with physicians as needed.
- Assist clinicians in establishing immediate and long term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plans of care. Coordinates services with all disciplines.
- Attends case conference meetings with organization personnel to facilitate assessment and coordination of care for patients.
- Conducts quarterly record review and communicates findings and recommendations to Clinical Management.
- Assist in the orientation of new organization personnel.
- Assist Clinical Management in the planning, implementation and evaluation of in- services and continuing education programs.
- Assists in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures, as well as strategic goals and objectives.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available and appropriately utilize.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the Organization's role as an effective member of the health care delivery system.
- Participates in credentialing and survey process.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs with clinical staff change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Reviews and/or assist in the development of a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventative, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Imitates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures, strategies, interventions. Reviews, supervises or administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs. Provides health care instructions to the patient's staff as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Reviews, identifies and or communicates discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager Care coordination when assigned by Clinical Management and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care and service that are client family oriented.
- Functions as a part of high performance team, goal oriented, outcomes based.
- Assumes responsibility and accountable for assigned tasks and projects.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates for the payors, and primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
- Always attends mandatory in-services and meetings or makes arrangements with the appropriate supervisor for satisfactory compliance.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e. attends ongoing educational programs).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Action Oriented Supervisory Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible for the general direction of staff members.
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure
- Category I: Job usually involves contact with patients or patient specimens. Exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens, is possible.
Protected Health Information Access Level
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This position operates in home and community environments.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Shift varies. Travel is required.
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
HSC Bunker Hill Peds Ctr
1731 Bunker Hill Road NE
: HSC Home Care LLC
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:30PM
: May 19, 2023, 9:27:29 PM