Clinical RN II - CNPA Foggy Bottom/Capitol Hill - (220000M8)
The Clinical RN II (CP&A) will be responsible to plan, assess and implement nursing care based on sound nursing judgments based on patient needs. Provide professional nursing care for physician's office patients following established standards and practices. Work collaboratively with physicians and staff in delivery of patient care. Continue to expand clinical base of nursing knowledge and skills. All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards, Children's National Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires registered professional nurses to be responsible and accountable for their own practice. Children's National supports the development of RN relationships within the community; specifically those relationships associated with the health and well being of the community at large.
BSN Graduate from an approved school of nursing. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year RN in clinical setting (Required)
- Participate in Shared Leadership.
- Contribute to Children’s National’s MAGNET Journey .
- Ensure that nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Accountable to participate in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
- Participate in community activities.
Plan of Care (Triage/Assessment)
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Identify patient/family concern or problem, based on data collection and assessment; determine acuity level (i.e., routine, urgent or emergent problem).
Plan Of Care (Patient Services)
- As appropriate, recommend care for the patient over the phone or in person; document the condition and have it reviewed by a physician; arrange for appropriate medical attention as needed.
- Perform independent clinical assistance with the patient/family, include explaining procedures to the patient/family .
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with physician’s orders (i.e. EKGs, lab work, such as throat cultures, urethral catherization, etc.).
- Do radiological films, as requested by provider, and ensure that certification requirements are maintained.
- Perform venipuncture and complete lab paperwork for reference lab; complete any other documentation.
- Observe, record, and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Ensure all abnormal results are seen by physicians and notify patient/family of abnormal results, as authorized by physician; monitor abnormal results to ensure that patients are appropriately followed.
- Coordinate services for patients and families as identified by PCP
- Conduct ongoing assessments and follow-up of patient referred out to specialist.
- Create, review and revise Plan of Care plans for special needs patients
- Ensure adequate control of patient charts, including to perform quality control and quality assurance activities as mandated by the managed care insurance companies.
- Ensure compliance with CLIA, OSHA and other regulatory bodies
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
: District of Columbia-Washington
CP&A K Street
2021 K St NW, Suite 800 Suite 401
: Childrens Peds and Assoc
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Full-Time
: Jun 20, 2022, 7:13:45 PM