Minimum Work Experience
- 1-2 years clinical research coordinating (University/College research welcome)
- Bachelors DegreeBachelors Degree
Candidate would need to demonstrate meticulous attention to details.
Computer skills /familiarity to include WS Word, MS Office, Intranet/Internet preferred.
Ability to operate general office equipment: fax, printer , and copier , required.
- Participate in Shared Leadership.
- Contribute to CNMC’s MAGNET Journey .
- Ensure that nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Accountable for participating in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
- Participate in community activities.
Integrate Nursing Process with Research Plan
- Perform assessments related to overt and subtle patient needs by making proficient clinical assessments according to GCP .
- Integrate patient data to anticipate problems associated with changing patient status as they relate to the research process.
- Serve as a role model for others by integrating data obtained from a range of sources in the development and revision of research
- Demonstrate independent decision-making in executing the research plan.
- Assist others in protocol implementation.
- Act as an advocate in meeting patient/family needs related to research protocol.
- Act as a role model for the evaluation of research process.
Develop Effective Communication Channels with Research Team /staff and patients/families
- Protect patient/family right to confidentiality in relation to research protocol.
- Act as a role model for other professionals by communicating responsively, respectfully , and assertively .
- Collaborate with physician and other health care professional throughout all phases of the research process.
Ensure that Patient/family understand plan of care and health status implications
- As necessary, design orientation materials for both patient/family and health professionals as related to the research protocol.
- Serve as content expert in the development, review, and revision of educational materials developed for research study .
- Evaluate effectiveness of research teaching plan in meeting educational needs of staff/patient/family and make recommendations for change, as needed.
- Take initiative in the review and management of research orientation program and examines its impact on unit functioning.
- Explain research projects and their significance to potential research subjects and parents of children potentially involved in research projects.
- Ensure informed consents are obtained from subjects before initiation of any aspect of research projects.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance