Clinical Defense Auditor - (220001K5)
The Clinical Defense Auditor will collaborate clinically with the patient care team and third parties to determine appropriateness and medical necessity of emergency care, admissions and specialty referrals.
Bachelor's Degree RN, BSN preferred or extensive clinical experience in utilization management for healthcare. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years (Required)
- Compare and analyze billed charges to clinical records by department and specific line item to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise by identify all levels of care, treatments, pharmacological interventions and ancillary services provided.
- Coordinate chart reviews and problem identification and/or resolution with CNMC personnel and third party payers.
- Extract data from various sources to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Develop comprehensive statistical analysis of findings for both external reporting purposes and internal education for overall improvement.
- Request and validate authorization of services from third party payers.
- Obtain authorization and utilize established protocols and third party payer contract requirements.
- Communicate potential denials with health care team for problem resolution.
- Document both services approved and denied.
- Collaborate with case management and healthcare team regarding specific patient discharge needs and goals.
- Contact third party payers to determine benefits and preferred providers for follow-up services outside the hospital.
- Coordinate patient discharges with Case Management Team.
- Communicate with payers in a clear, timely, accurate and professional manner to meet utilization management requirements.
- Communicate with the healthcare team third party payer information.
- Identify, implement and improve processes which impact customer service.
- Utilize agreed upon concurrent data collection techniques in Clinical Resource Management.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
: Maryland-Silver Spring
12200 Plum Orchard Dr
Silver Spring 20904
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8:30am - 5pm
: Jun 23, 2022, 12:14:05 PM