Must have one year previous experience or training as a PCA/CNA/GNA/Home Health Aide in health care; enabling them to successfully complete the HSC Home Care Competency Evaluation.
Basic computing knowledge and skills preferred.
Ability to speak read and write English fluently. Bi-lingual preferred.
Home Health Aide licensure from the District of Columbia and CPR certification
High school graduate or equivalent required. Home Health Aide Certification.
Essential job duties:
- Safeguards the rights of the patient and protects all patient information in a confidential manner quickly and politely.
- Signs of suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation are recognized and reported to supervisor immediately.
- Reports to Supervisor at least at beginning and end of each work day per Agency policy. Established schedule is met.
- Ensure to wear the proper personal protective equipment is utilized such as gowns, gloves, eyewear, etc.
- Assist with learning experience for new Home Health Aide. Takes responsibility for patient’s welfare while with new Home Health Aide during Home Health Aide orientation.
- Equipment is available and kept in good condition and properly stored.
- All patient supplies are charged correctly and appropriately. Supplies are accounted for and waste is avoided.
- Ensure all work output is thorough, accurate, and meets quality standards.
- Meets average productivity standards on a timely basis.
- Able to be relied upon to meet work schedules and fulfill responsibilities and commitments.
- Awareness of and respect for others is exhibited. Is usually in control of self. Usually gets along well with fellow employees, supervisor and others.
- Flexible in thinking and responds to or conforms to changing, new, or unexpected.
- Takes responsibility for own clinical practice.
- Attends all clinical practice and all team conferences and attendance is documented.
- Attends all required in-services and attendance is documented.
- Appropriate care is given, documented, and reported to the responsible nursing staff.
- Primary nurse is notified promptly of any significant change in patient conditions.
- All clinical skills as demonstrated on the Skills Checklist & Demonstration (Attachment A)
- As warranted will assist cognitively capable adults by providing medication reminders
- Certified Nursing Assistant will not administer medication to clients.
Other job duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.