AHC/CHC Administration - Telehealth Nurse (40 hours weekly including Saturdays) - (210003XW)
All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards, Children's National Policies and Procedures, and
in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires registered professional nurses to be responsible and
accountable for their own practice. Children's National supports the development of RN relationships within the community; specifically those
relationships associated with the health and well being of the community at large . The nurse provides telephonic clinical assessment, advice, health
education and counseling giving appropriate clinical disposition and facilitating referral . The nurse engaging in telenursing practice assesses, plans,
intervenes, and evaluates the outcomes of nursing care, using technologies such as the Internet, computers, telephones, digital assessment tools, and
Minimum Work Experience
5 years RN experience (Required)
The licensed Registered Nurse will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at Children’s National.
Have basic computer skills (Experience with Microsoft® Windows operating system database and word processing software required -such as 30 wpm ).
Ability to handle multiple line phone.
clinical knowledge in disease, prevention, wellness, health risk assessment, self-care management, and health education.
Demonstrate effective prescription management skills.
Application of the nursing process in telehealth care.
Delivery of culturally sensitive, age-specific care to identified populations.
Assessment and provision of care using telecommunication devices.
Use of the clinical decision support tools.
Demonstration of problem-solving, prioritization, collaboration, and customer relation skills.
Communication skills: including effective listening, negotiation, counsel and crisis management.
Knowledge and appropriate use of internal and external resources (people, services, and materials.)
Prevention and reporting of unusual occurrences and adverse events.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia (Required)
Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia dependent upon location of practice. (Required)
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Required)
Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) (Required)
Telehealth nursing or Ambulatory Nursing (Preferred)
- Demonstrate appropriate and efficient use of department specific equipment/software necessary to perform role (multi-feature telephones, automatic call distribution (ACD), keyboard skills, Windows and call processing software, fax, copier, etc.
- Comply with call/email management standards.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the program’s identified top 10 triage/ symptom guidelines.
- Manage clinical calls/emails using the nursing process; document caller encounters in the system.
- Be able to manage and document calls if computer system is down.
- Achieve telehealth and other applicable national certifications.
- Contribute to Magnet re-designation as evidenced by independent involvement or leadership in: committees, task forces and/or community outreach.
- Communicate plan of care and ability to advocate to meet patients’ needs; make suggestions for resolution of system issues.
- Role model procedures for escalation of issues, utilize chain of command.
- Demonstrate proper use of identified hand off processes; follow up on inconsistent practice related to handoff.
- Demonstrate a collegial and respectful relationship with peers, physicians and other departments.
- Take the lead to implement change and support management decisions.
- Maintain regulatory requirements e.g. license, BLS.
- Initiate professional activities to enhance nursing practice; provide telephonic and electronic clinical assessment, advice, health education and counseling - giving appropriate clinical disposition and facilitating referral.
- Engage in active review of peers giving constructive feedback through timely participation in evaluations.
- Serve as a resource as needed and know when to escalate to next level.
- Analyze assessment data gathered from patient and family to ensure completion of database and plan of care within identified timeframes.
- Role model excellent clinical skills with complex patients; care reflects analysis of patient status and appropriate interventions.
- Direct prioritization and organization for complex patient with rapidly changing needs.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for educational needs verified with patient and family throughout the hospital/outpatient stay and prior to discharge.
- Role Models caring in all encounters with patient and family as evidenced by feedback from parents and an increase in patient satisfaction scores
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
- Initiate ways to improve operations through quality improvement and implement related solutions.
- Identify self-learning needs and take initiative to meet those needs.
- Serve as a resource for current, new information or changes in specialty area.
- Care incorporates best practices based on benchmarks and evidence within the literature.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are me
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
: District of Columbia-Washington
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Goldberg Cntr Cmnty Ped Hlth
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 40 hour work week includes Saturdays
: Dec 16, 2021, 11:38:22 PM