Speech-Language PathologistChildren FIRST Therapy
Children FIRST Therapy in Spokane Valley is in search of a full time Speech-Language Pathologist to join our Early Intervention Therapy program for children birth to age 3. We incorporate play in the therapy process in our unique classroom located in a gymnastics center; we also meet with families in the home. Flexible staff hours and family-oriented! Dynamic team of professionals.
Benefits include medical insurance, vision insurance, paid sick leave, professional development and bonuses.
- Complete initial evaluations, 6 month & annual review reports and SOAP notes for therapy sessions.
- Input all therapy visits into web based billing program no later than end of week of service. P
- rovide Speech Therapy services in sessions at Spokane Gymnastics, in patient homes, childcares, and other natural environments as appropriate.
- Communicate and build positive professional relationships with families, children and CFT staff.
- Therapy plan for home visits and classroom sessions as needed. -Help set up and clean up in classroom as needed.
- Document all services provided using SOAP notes and provide families with verbal and written feedback detailing home program plans and instruction.
- During home visits, leave a home visit sheet with positive feedback and routine-based speech activities.
- Encourage parent participation in home visits and classroom visits as appropriate.
- Attend weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDT), Wednesdays at 11:30-12:30.
- Build partnerships with Spokane Gymnastics staff as needed.
- Attend relevant development trainings as required.
Children FIRST Therapy is closed Christmas break, spring break, the first week of July, the last week of August and the first week of September. Employees may work a modified number of hours if needed during those weeks and are encouraged to take their vacations during these weeks.
Assessment and therapy materials provided by CFT.
Must hold current Washington State License with the Department of Health to practice Speech-Language Pathology.