Medical TechnologistCHI Oakes Hospital
The Medical Technologist works under the supervision of the Laboratory Director; performs routine phlebotomy, prepares and analyzes patient specimens for testing or culture, has knowledge of theory in areas of Transfusion Service, Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Coagulation and Microbiology; performs quality control; interprets quality of patient results as they correlate to instrument operation; performs routine instrument maintenance; relays results to the nursing floor or physician; performs miscellaneous related duties and performs other duties as assigned, also in the capacity of the general supervisor when the general supervisor is off duty.
* Bachelor's of Science degree in Medical Technology or equivalent.
* State Licensure in Medical Technology.
* Current valid certificate by American Society for Clinical Pathologists, the National Certification Agency, or equivalent.
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
* Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, graphs, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
* Skilled operation of a personal computer.
* Excellent verbal skills.
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America's Best Employers 2019, by Forbes.