Mechanic IIICheney Public Schools
Cheney Public Schools is accepting applications for a Mechanic III. Year-round position, Mondays-Fridays, 8 am - 5 pm.
Background check required.
Call (509) 559-4523 for additional information.
Application deadline: Sunday, June 9th, 4 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and engine defects in buses and other automotive equipment.
- Overhaul and rebuild engines, transmissions, differentials, hydraulic and air brake systems and other major components by repair and replacements of parts.
- Repair and rebuild generators, alternators, starters and all other electrical components utilizing testing devices and machine equipment as required.
- Perform general tune-ups, utilizing diagnostic equipment.
- Make minor roadside repairs, or tow disabled vehicles to the maintenance shop.
- Repair and replace seats, glass, sheet metal, latches and other body components and assemblies.
- Change oil and filters, install anti-freeze and snow chains, repair tires, adjust brakes, lubricate chassis, wheel bearing and other assemblies. Perform all required preventive maintenance and regular bus safety inspections.
- Operate battery charges, compression gauges, torque wrenches, welding (acetylene and arc) equipment, grinders, reamers, timing lights, hoists, jacks, porta-power, pumps, compressors, drills, presses, headlight adjustment machine, air wrenches, spark plug tester and other tools, equipment and machines required for performing repair and maintenance of motor vehicles.
- Assist in cleaning and organization of the shop, parts room and other maintenance facilities.
- Complete vehicle maintenance forms and records; i.e., work orders, stock records.