Communications CoordinatorCheney Public Schools
Cheney Public Schools is accepting applications for a Communications Coordinator. Year-round position; half-time. Background check required.
The Communications Coordinator leads effective communication of the district’s information with key stakeholders and guides the strategy for all communications, website, messaging, marketing, and branding to articulate our mission.
- Experience preferred in the area of communications/public relations.
- Demonstrated technology and multi-media skills to include word processing, printing, design, photography, video, displays, and exhibits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Successful marketing experience desirable.
- Degree in Communications/Public Relations or related field.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as an information liaison between the school district and its various stakeholders.
- Take a lead role in the coordination of special events.
- Encourage and enhance school-level communications.
- Provide technical advice, direction and assistance in communications-related areas, such as printing, design, photography, video, word processing, displays, website, and exhibits.
- Design multi-media presentations.
- Write newsletters and other district publications.
- Work with the Superintendent to compose professional communications.
- Maintain and expand the district’s presence on social media.
- Other duties as assigned.