Chief Information OfficerCentral Washington University
Chief Information Officer Central Washington University
Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington seeks a Chief Information Officer with at least ten years of progressively responsible experience and demonstrated the ability to lead people.
The Chief Information Officer provides leadership, vision, and oversight for the University’s information technology and security infrastructure services provided to CWU’s students, faculty and staff totaling 15,000 people. The University uses a distributed model, providing central technology services coupled with decentralized technology stakeholders, to deliver local IT support to departments and divisions. The Chief Information Officer directs the planning and implementation of information technology that supports business operations and academic requirements while ensuring the security of data and information used by those systems in compliance with federal and state laws and requirements, university policies and procedures, and industry best practices.
Qualified candidates for the Chief Information Officer/Associate Vice President of Information Services and Security position must possess a bachelor's degree and relevant experience in a senior IT leadership position in a large complex organization in addition to:
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience
- A track record of implementing appropriate and successful strategies to ensure cost-effective delivery of efficient and reliable IT services
- Strong financial planning and political skills to lead in a resource-constrained environment
- Exemplary communication skills and an ability to inspire and educate audiences with and without technical expertise
- Demonstrated success in managing by influence, inspiring trust, organizing people into effective teams, and motivating them to work hard and well together
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement cultural change related to technology in a shared governance environment
- Knowledge of current information security protocols and standards
- Experience in interpreting and effectively applying federal and state laws and regulations to organizational operations and policies
- Experience with contemporary hardware, software, and network architectures or applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position