Custodiancentral michigan university
Temporary Custodian Full or part time Facilities Management. This is a non-benefit eligible, temporary position. Full-time hours are available for summer work only, all other assignments are part-time. Maintains cleanliness of academic, residential, and administrative campus buildings and service areas.
Required: High school education or equivalent, at least 1 year of work experience.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least one year of work experience.
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license may be required.
- Working knowledge of cleaning materials and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and/or interpret verbal and/or written directions.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates mechanical cleaning and scrubbing equipment.
- Operates carpet shampooing and upholstery cleaning equipment.
- Sweeps, mops, strips, and waxes floor surfaces.
- Maintains entrances and areas surrounding buildings by picking up litter, cigarette butts, sweeping, shoveling snow, removing ice, spreading sand and salt, etc.
- Operates vacuum cleaning equipment.
- Cleans and waxes furniture, cases, fixtures and furnishings.
- Cleans mirrors and interior glass.
- Unplugs commodes, urinals, and sink drains without dismantling the fixture.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes restroom supplies.
- Spot washes walls.
- Makes beds and changes linens in guest rooms.
- Collects and disposes of waste materials.
- Reports repair work and/or damages to the building.
- Sweeps, dusts, and wet-mops stairs and stairwells.
- Replaces light bulbs and broken globes as needed.
- Moves and arranges furniture and furnishings.
- Washes interior and exterior windows.
- Empties all trash containers and removes to pick-up stations.
- Keeps routine records and makes routine reports.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity for all individuals, irrespective of gender identity or sexual orientation and including but not limited to minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.