Farm Workers #AZ3403183Central Arizona Farming
Farm Worker(Ref. Job Order # AZ3403183)
Central Arizona Farming, Inc. seeks 280 workers from May 03, 2019 - November 01, 2019 (Ref. Job Order # AZ3403183) for Farm Worker (Stacking Cartons (Set Off); Cantaloupe Cutter; Cantaloupe Loader; Lemon Drop, Honeydew, Golden Honeydew and Mini Watermelon Cutter; Lemon Drop, Honeydew, Golden Honeydew and Mini Watermelon Grader/ Packer; Lemon Drop, Honeydew, Golden Honeydew and Mini Watermelon Labeler; Lemon Drop, Honeydew, Golden Honeydew and Mini Watermelon Box Maker; Watermelon Cutter; Watermelon Loader; Watermelon Labeler; Watermelon Sorter; Watermelon Packer; Watermelon Pitcher; Packing Facility Packer; Packing Facility Grader; Packing Facility Cleaner; Packing Facility Box Maker; Transplanter; Weeding; Plastic Removal/Laying and Disposal; Machine/Equipment Operator; Facility Forklift Operator (Single/Double); Field 10 Pallet Forklift Operator), tractor operator.
All work sites located in Tonopah, AZ & Aguila, AZ.
Positions are temporary.
- Lift cartons (approximately 42 lbs) & place on pallet;
- Walk through field, determine if melon is ripe & cut from vine;
- Walk in furrow, pick up melons & place on conveyor belt;
- Retrieve appropriate sized melons, place in carton, & move carton to conveyor belt;
- Place stickers/labels on melons;
- Fold un-made cartons into boxes;
- Stand on platform & direct melons into lane for particular size;
- Pick up melons from lanes & place melon into appropriate bin for that size;
- Bend down & retrieve melon & pitch melon to pitcher, forming a chain pitching melons to trailer;
- Cleaning of packing facility;
- Box making; Place individual plants in seed holes;
- Walk through field pulling weeds by hand or hoe;
- Walk through field turning melons as to not allow spotting;
- Repair and flush drip tape irrigation lines and perform irrigation functions as directed by foreperson;
- Operate machinery include tractors as directed & trained and Random Drug Screening.
For CDL drivers Pre-employment CDL Medical Exam and Drug Test and On-going Random Drug and Alcohol testing. Must be able to work outside for at least 6 hours per day (Mondays-Fridays), 5 hours per day (Saturdays), 6 days a week (Mondays-Saturdays), in all kinds of weather. Work involves frequent bending, walking & standing.
Wage offer is $12 per hour in Arizona in California the wage is $13.92. Employer guarantees each worker the opp. of employment for at least ¾ of the workdays of the total period of work contract & all extensions. Tools, supplies & equip. provided at no cost. Housing provided at no cost to workers who cannot reasonably return to their perm residence at end of each work day.
Transportation & subsistence expenses to the work site will be paid by the employer upon completion of 50% of the work contract, or earlier.